Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Three R's Blog Tour

The Three R’s blurb:
Perfect strangers don’t just leave you a share in their business. Do they? And even if they do, surely the rightful owner won’t just take it lying down…?
Abigail Fischer is about to find out. When a mysterious letter arrives informing her that she’s inherited a controlling interest in a thriving construction firm Abigail thinks it must be a mistake. Or a sick joke. Until she’s confronted by her new, very angry and very reluctant business partner. Handsome as sin but determined to be rid of her, Cain Parrish is everything Abigail desires – and most fears. Forced to uproot from her safe but dead-end job to help run the firm, Abigail is quickly drawn to her dominant partner. Attuned to her most secret desires, and able to meet them effortlessly, he quickly finds his way past her defences.
But Abigail is not what she seems. Astute in business and a skilled Dom, Cain can easily demand her submission, but can he find his way past Abigail’s carefully constructed façade to discover the shameful secret she’s managed to conceal all her life. And despite her growing enthusiasm for the
new opportunities now facing her, Abigail can’t become something she’s not. Or can she? Is it possible to leave the past behind and start over?
When things start to go wrong in their business, and as Abigail’s blunders threaten to sink their small but up to now profitable enterprise, will their delicate personal relationship survive?
Will Cain forgive Abigail’s mistakes or is there a deeper significance to her apparent ineptitude?

Carrie's Review: I enjoyed this book. The premise of it was one I hadn't seen before and I like the originality of the story. Loved seeing Abigail's relationship with Cain develop. Definitely recommend.



Buy Link: Totally Bound

Competition:
Throughout this blog tour there is a big competition being held by Totally Bound to win a Kindle Fire and a gift voucher to fill it with eBooks. Make sure you enter the competition here: https://www.totallybound.com/index.php?route=information/competition&competition_id=15 and you can also sign up to attend the release party on facebook on the 28th February where the winner will be announced amongst other games and prizes!
Why an Angel?
A couple of years ago I found myself working in Berwick, on the border between England and Scotland. I was living in West Yorkshire at the time, so had to travel there frequently. Whether I went by train or by car, I would always pass the Angel of the North, just outside Gateshead. This beautiful piece of public art towers over the landscape, welcoming visitors and probably causing more than a few near misses on the nearby A1 motorway as drivers crane their necks for a better view.
Like Abigail in The Three R’s, I find it difficult to drive past The Angel without stopping to visit. The sculpture, which is featured on the cover of the book, is even more impressive close up. Abigail is moved to sketch it, while I’m more into photography myself probably. This is Cain Parrish’s first opportunity to glimpse Abigail’s talent, and perhaps his fascination with his new business partner starts here. Certainly, here’s where it takes root.
The sculpture itself was designed by Anthony Gormley and erected in 1998. It’s made of steel, and was built to withstand winds in excess of 100 mph. So far it’s done OK.
When asked to explain, here’s what the artist himself had to say about his creation:
“People are always asking why an angel? The only response I can give is that no-one has ever seen one and we need to keep imagining them.” Sounds good to me, although there was a lot of local opposition at the time. Not now though. The statue is an icon for the north east of England and several more massive sculptures have since sprung up around the UK.
If I ask myself ‘why an angel?’ for my book cover, my response would be that it represents Abigail’s spirit of optimism and resilience, and her determination to withstand whatever comes at her. Whilst not made of steel, Abigail is strong and full of purpose, sure of herself and of what she wants. As the story develops she comes to realise what she needs to do to hold on to the opportunities which are unfolding before her, so she stretches out her arms and reaches for it. That’s why an angel.
Despite her literacy issues, Abigail is an artist at heart and appreciates beauty in all its forms. She is inspired and draws strength from it, and her fortitude is certainly tested as she learns to surrender to her Dominant lover. Secretly fascinated and drawn to submission, this is her first experience of erotic pain and pleasure. Cain recognises Abigail’s hidden yearnings and his response is swift and sure. And very, very effective. He draws out Abigail’s inner submissive, and once out there will be no turning back.

Author Bio:
Until 2010 I was a director of a regeneration company in Leeds, in the UK, before becoming convinced there must be more to life. I left to work as an independent consultant, and still do some of that though most of my time is now spent writing. At last I’ve been able to realise my dream of writing erotic romance myself. I’ve been an avid reader of fiction for many years, erotic and other genres, and I still love reading historical and contemporary romances – the hotter the better. But now I have a good excuse for my guilty pleasure – research.
In my own writing I usually draw on settings and anecdotes from my own experience to lend colour, detail and realism to my plots and characters. An incident here, a chance remark there, a bizarre event or quirky character, any of these can spark a story idea. But ultimately my tales of love, challenge, resilience and compassion are the conjurings of my own lurid and smutty imagination.
When not writing – which is not very often these days - my time is divided between my role as resident taxi driver for my teenage daughter, and caring for a menagerie of dogs, rabbits, tortoises. And most recently a very grumpy cockatiel. I’m a rural parish councillor, and I’m passionate about evolving rural traditions and values to suit twenty first century lifestyles.
I’ve completed my third trilogy in the Black Combe ‘family’ which is due for release later this year and I’m well on with writing the fourth. I also have a novella coming out soon, and I have a short story in Totally Bounds Paramour collection, and another in the Jolly Rogered anthology which is due for publication in July 2014. I have a pile of story ideas still to work through, and keep thinking of new ones at the most unlikely moments, so you can expect to see a lot more from me.

Contact me: I love to hear from readers. You can find me on my blog, and on the Totally Bound site. I’m on Facebook, twitter and Pinterest, and on Goodreads too. And there’s also my author page on Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment