Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Remembering Us Release Day

Remembering Us synopsis:
 
My life was perfectly mapped out for me since before I was born. I followed it, begrudgingly, because it was expected. And then one day, everything changed.

I woke up.

Different. Independent. Free from all the rules that had defined my life.

Only I have no idea how I got to where I am. I have no memory of the last two years. I don’t remember graduating college, and I certainly don’t remember Adam – the boyfriend I live with.

He loves me. And I love him. At least that’s what everyone says. But when my memories return to me as dreams, I see a different man than the one everyone claims is perfect for me.
He terrifies me. He makes my heart race and he makes me feel things I’ve never felt before.

Do I want to welcome the emotional chaos that his piercing brown eyes and messy black hair causes every time I get a glimpse of him? Or should I run back to the perfectly manicured life that used to be mine?

Remembering Us excerpt:


I’m not helping you in order to get a date. I hear you have plenty.”
One side of lips twitches up. “I don’t date, Amy. I don’t need to.”
Right. Because Adam is sex on a stick and most of the girls on campus are willing to jump into his bed without being asked.
Then you won’t be hurt when I tell you no. Again.”
I may never recover.” His eyes darken and my belly does that flip-flop thing it’s been doing for the last few weeks when he brushes up against me. I blink, trying to clear my thoughts and regain my sanity, but when I do, Adam’s hand is no longer holding his pencil on the table. Instead, his hand is brushing away a lock of my brown hair and his hand rests on the back of my neck, playing with my hair and pulling me forward.
My breath hitches just as his lips are inches from me. I freeze, putting pressure on his hand to stop the forward movement.
His eyes sparkle in mischief.
What are you doing?”
His tongue darts out, sucking lightly on his top lip, making it almost disappear. He laughs. “I’m going to kiss you, Ames. And then you’re going to finally agree to a date with me.”
One kiss and I’ll be unable to resist you? Is that your plan?”
Sounds like a good plan to me.”
I bet his kisses leave a girl gasping for breath and throwing her morals to the floor along with her clothes.

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18748216-remembering-us


Carrie's review: This was the sweet love story of Adam and Amy, told partly in flashback, as Amy struggles to recover from amnesia. I enjoyed the switch from present to flashback and loved knowing the back story of Amy and Adam's relationship before her amnesia.  I definitely recommend.

Tammies review:
Remembering Us by Stacey Lynn makes you feel what something like this would feel like.
What would it feel like to lost your memory? To forget everything that has happened to you and not know if its gonna come back.
To forget the love of your life? And you remember things in your dreams and not know if they're for real or not. It would devastate me for sure!
But Amy is living this nightmare. She was hurt in an unfortunate hiking accident. They didnt know if she would live or die. She lived and now her life is hell.
 Her parents dont even want anything to do with her and she cant figure out why. Amy was raised in an upper class enviroment and her parents dont approve of her choices in her career and her love for Adam. Her friends Kelsey and Zander are there by her side
everyday trying to help her remember and her visits to the doctor dont seem to be helping her.
But there is hope from her friends that she will remember but are taking baby steps to help her remember the last 2 years of her life. She is having issues with trusting a man she cant remember. Whether he's telling the truth or not. She cant decide. Will he hurt her or not? Since Adam had a bad experience as a child. She just is so confused.

And then there is Adam. The love of her life. What happened to her and why wont he tell her? He listens to the doctors and follows their advice but he is so frustrated "Ames" dont remember him or the past 2 years they spent together. Adam tries to be supportive but yet he dont want to damage her anymore than she is. And he has his own past to think about that he's not wanting to reveal to Amy until the right time. Adam is so torn from Amy not remembering him and his past is eating at him, that he doesnt tell her anything more than he needs to tell.
Amy has so many questions for Adam but he just wont budge. They go thru the everyday motions of life with their friends and try to stay strong. Til that one day Amy goes to a favorite place where she and Adam and their friends hang out. Will she remember anything or not?
You need to read the story of Amy and Adam and see how strong the love between them is and how they endure this process of whether she will regain her memory or not. The story is a great romance. Stacy has done well with this book and I couldnt put it down.
I gave her 5 stars because I could feel the emotions of Amy in the book and the love Adam has for her in the story. I recommend this as a must read. You'll love it.
Buy Link

No comments:

Post a Comment